Sardis Junior High School opened its doors in the fall of 1956 with the official opening on October 23, 1956 by the Ministry of Education. Sardis began as a Grade 7 to 9 school with Grade 10, 11 and 12 being added in the following years resulting with the first Grade 12 class graduating in June 1967. Sardis Secondary School quickly outgrew its facilities and a new school was built beside the existing building which was officially closed on February 14, 1995. Again Sardis outgrew its facilities and the South Campus was added for a period of time to ease the growing population. An addition was eventually added and the South Campus was closed.